Leupold BX-1 Yosemite Porro Prism Binoculars Review
Leupold BX-1 Yosemite Porro prism binoculars are mirror-symmetrical telescopes, which employ image-erecting prisms to provide oriented images correctly. With no prisms, the picture would always emerge reversed and upside down. The type, size and quality of the prisms used in design of a binocular will have an effect on the clarity of the picture.
Usually there are three major types of prism binoculars, such as Porro prism, Roof prism, and reverse Porro prism. The Leupold BX-1 Yosemite Porro prism Binocular features a classic design with offset prisms, whereas the roof prism binocular features an H-shaped design, which is more compact and streamlined. One may like one style over another derived from its ergonomics. As roof prism binoculars are more costly to manufacture, economics plays a vital role in choosing the right one that best suits your needs.
The weight and size of the BX-1 Yosemite prism binoculars from Leupold is a couple of the primary things your attention would focus on. These binoculars come in different configurations, such as 6X30, 8X30, etc. While the 6X30 configuration binocular stands only 4.6 inches (117mm) tall, the 8X30 configuration one is even slightly smaller.
Furthermore, the 6X30 Yosemite Porro Prism Binocular is as frivolous as several compact ones that weighs only 1.7 pounds, thus occupies less space. It is light and small enough that allows you to use them with one hand and to focus by means of your thumb and forefinger.
Features of the Leupold BX-1 Yosemite Porro Prism Binoculars
The following are the features that you should know:
- The BX-1 Yosemite prism binoculars from Leupold with the 6×30 configuration, they have the field of view distance at 1000 foot per meter 01 140 feet, whereas those with the 8×30 configuration, the distance is 130 feet.
- The close focus distance of binoculars with the 6×30 configuration is 10 feet, whereas those with the 8×30 configuration, the close focus distance is 11 feet.
- The Exit Pupil of binoculars with the 6×30 configuration is 4.6 mm, whereas those with the 8×30 configuration, it is 3.6 mm.
- The relative brightness of binoculars with the 6×30 configuration is 25.0, whereas those with the 8×30 configuration, it is 14.1.
- The eye relief of binoculars with the 6×30 configuration is 18.5 mm, whereas those with the 8×30 configuration, it is 15.5 mm.
- Both binoculars with the 6×30 and 8×30 configurations have the same body weight 01 482 grams and their Inter-papillary Distance is also equal that ranges from 50 mm to 70 mm.
- These binoculars have great resistance against scrapes and bumps, including against water and dampness.
As the name suggests, the BX-1 Yosemite Binoculars make use of the Porro prism design. These small and compact binoculars from Leupold are rubber reinforced as are several binoculars. It should be understood that the rubber reinforcement is not the one that protects the instrument from water, but it is the armor that protects the outside layer of the binocular from minor scrapes and bumps.
The BX-1 Yosemite Porro Prism Binoculars from Leupold are waterproof, Not only these binoculars are waterproof, but they also purged the air from the indoors, by making use of nitrogen gas to get rid of the air molecules, loaded with moisture, which can result in inside fogging of the lenses. This has been a chronological problem with this kind of binocular due to the center focus system made obligatory through the Porro prism design.
However, this is not a major problem as far as the performance of the binocular is concerned. The BX-1 model Yosemite binocular from Leupold comes in five attractive body colors, such as natural (a beige or tan), black, mossy oak break-up pink, mossy oak break-up blaze and mossy oak treestand.
Enhanced eyecups and eye relief the center focus wheel are of better quality
The eye cups of these binoculars from Leupold are of better quality than those with higher price tag. They have designed with settings for extending them fully and midway and they shine in their ability to continue at both settings.
The BX-1 Yosemite binoculars have a liberal eye relief of 15.5 mm for the 8X30 configuration and 18.5 mm for the 6X30 configuration, which are capable of accommodating nearly all eyeglasses.
The center focus wheel of these BX-1 Yosemite prism binoculars from Leupold moves with considerable resistance. While the focus modification is not as smooth as you would expect on a higher tagged model made exactingly for adults, the focus modification in BX-1 Yosemite binoculars is just right to assist young fingers prevent wearing it out early by just fiddling with it. Furthermore, you will feel at ease with the extent of the resistance of the focus wheel of these binoculars.
Also, you will be capable of going from close focus to infinity in about a complete rotation of these binoculars’ focus wheel. This will make it much easier to observe activity that needs frequent change for distance. With these BX-1 Yosemite binoculars, you can go from close focus to infinity in approximately three-fourths of a complete rotation of their focus wheel, and this is achieved without dipping the ability to attain a fine focus.
These binoculars offer a generous field of view and an optical sweet spot
The BX-1 Yosemite binoculars from Leupold have an inspiring 8.0-inch angular field of view that appeals to our longing for an extensive field of view. This means that they allow an extensive 420 feet (140 m) of monitoring at 1,000 yards per meter. This in turn, means that these binoculars are extremely forgiving of slight hand movements as far as the quality of the picture is concerned. It is a noteworthy benefit and shows attention to detail on the part of their designers.
If you are having a difficulty in observing an active Bird or other rapidly moving wildlife, horse or car on a race roadway or passed football, etc, you will need a better reason than blaming it on these Binoculars. As the extensive field of view is terrific for everybody, it is particularly pleasant for youngsters who have not yet developed superior motor skills or those whose health has reduced the control of hand.
With these BX-1 Yosemite binoculars, you would get 75% of the sharp focus on the field of view, and the rest of the field will not considerably be blurred, which is really a useful feature. This echelon of optical quality cannot be expected from other binoculars in the price range of the Yosemite binoculars from Leupold.
The exit pupil of these binoculars offers a bright view
By means of an exit pupil of 4.6 mm of these Porro Prism Binoculars from Leupold, you can expect it to offer a brilliant view and it achieves. This is quite helpful for all, but it is particularly helpful for young users whose pupils will dilate further in low illumination than they do when people get older. The brightness offers greater visible contrast and detail and as a minimum, the perception, but for the fact, of a clearer pictures.
The optics of these binoculars from Leupold will exhibit the neutral color, meaning you cannot notice any bias in the color it offers. Additionally, you will not be intrigued by the fact that you will not be capable of inducing chromatic aberration while viewing dark branches, such as against a bright and clear sky. The lack of chromatic deviation contributes to the resolution of details of these Yosemite binoculars, as well.
Other beneficial features of these binoculars
As everybody usually desires a locking diopter adjustment, the level of firmness of the BX-1 Yosemite Porro Prism binoculars from Leupold would satisfy all at their price range. At an affordable cost, you can acquire a pretty reputable set of binoculars to make your hunting task easy and quick. These binoculars will make you turn out to be an experienced hunter, such that nobody will tell you that you are an entry level hunter.
These binoculars from Leupold will likely be some what lighter, brighter and sharper when compared to other analogous costly hunting binoculars on the market. Some of the other beneficial features of these elite and affordable binoculars include:
- These binoculars from Leupold have a close focal distance of about 10 feet (3 meters).
- The six and eight times magnification of these BX-1 Yosemite prism binoculars from Leupold offers an ideal grouping of power and field of view for trailing movement.
- The smaller inter papillary distance configurations that range from 50 mm to 70 mm will offer a broader range of people to allow them the use of the optics completely.
- The completely multi-coated lenses of these binoculars guarantee for the maximum clarity, brightness, color fidelity and contrast.
- The liberal eye relief of these binoculars allow for comfortable comprehensive viewing, even for novice users.
- The 6×30 and 8×30 magnifications of these binoculars make them an immense option for use in heavily forested areas where you do not require big magnification.
- These binoculars from Leupold are capable of offering smooth focusing you can make out your target with no trouble from a standard distance.
- As these binoculars have immense resistance against water, you can exercise them in several environments without the fear of water harm or problems with fog.
Vivitar CV1025V 10×25 Binocular Digital Camera Review – Video
Features at a Glance
- BaK4 Porro Prisms.
- Fully Multicoated Optics.
- Center Focus Wheel.
- Nitrogen-Filled Fogproof / Waterproof.
- Twist-Up Rubber Eyecups.
- Rubber Armored Body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use the BX-1 model Yosemite binoculars from Leupold with my spectacles?
A: Yes, as these binoculars come with adjustable eye cups. You all the way put down the eye cups and after that hold them to your spectacles.
Q: What is the size of these Leupold binoculars, are they are of regular in size or compact in size?
A: All BX-1 Yosemite binoculars from Leupold come in regular size. However, binoculars with the 6×30 configuration are smaller and more frivolous than those with the 8×30 configuration.
The Yosemite Porro prism binoculars from Leupold are designed to be small, frivolous, and easy enough for users with any size of hands to exercise. In addition, the small inter pupillary distance tuning of these binoculars mean that anybody from kids to adults can take pleasure in the serious optical performance offered by these binoculars.
The BX-1 model Yosemite binoculars from Leupold are an outstanding value. These instruments are of the best quality, and at an affordable price, you cannot find much better binoculars on the market. Actually, these binoculars stand for a best buy in their cost category.
Even though these binoculars are oddly-shaped instruments, owing to their Porro prism plan, they are one among the best-performing Hunting Binoculars available on the market. This is for the reason that these are excellent binoculars that provide immense clarity at large distances in conjunction with ease of adjusting.